Re: [AMBER] Which potential is used in TIP3P (How to calculate EPot by hand)

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 08:34:42 -0500

The potential is a Lennard-Jones potential, but as you observe there is no
interaction between the neighboring O and H atoms of one water molecule.
These are excluded interactions. The bonded potential is going to be very
slight if it even registers, because the SETTLE algorithm used with TIP3P
analytically resets the geometry of the water to equilibrium each time it
is moved. If you are doing this in a periodic setting, you will encounter
the long-ranged electrostatics, which for a single water molecule in a
medium sized box are still not zero.