[AMBER] MMPBSA.py and S-S bonds between different chains

From: Sergey Samsonov <sergey.samsonov.ug.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:58:59 +0100

Dear AMBERs,

I'm encountering the issue previously discussed in
http://archive.ambermd.org/201510/0052.html and
http://archive.ambermd.org/201409/0451.html

The problem appears when I have CYX-CYX bonds between the residues from
different chains written into the topology and use MMPBSA.py. The error
from MMPBSA.py is the following:

"Error: Atom 2194 was assigned a lower molecule # than previous atom..."

As Dan proposes in the discussion related to the same issue and as it is
suggested in the error message explicitly, I have rewritten both my
trajectory and the topology using 'fixatomorder outprefix reordered'
using cpptraj script. It looks like the new trajectory and the new
topology work well together: for example, there is no more problem when
I use them to create a new pdb file (with ambpdb), which was problematic
instead for the originals before applying fixatomorder.

My question is: how do I change the topologies for complex, receptor and
ligand for MMPBSA calculations? Without fixing them I have this error now:

----------------

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'_MMPBSA_complex_gb_surf.dat.0'
Error occured on rank 0.

An another interesting thing is that the same topologies worked without
any issues when I used amber14 for them a couple of years ago. Now I'm
using amber16.

Thank you very much in advance and cheers,

Sergey

--
Sergey Samsonov, PhD
Project Leader at Laboratory of Molecular Modeling,