Re: [AMBER] Does pmemd.cuda support QM/MM

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:01:19 -0500

pmemd.cuda does not support QM / MM calculations and molecular dynamics
with quantum components is a major factor for keeping sander alive and
up-to-date. The QM part of the calculations tends to be the bottleneck in
such simulations, anyway, so the limitations tend to be about what hardware
the QM code will run on. There are GPU-capable QM codes but I am not aware
of any initiatives to include them in pmemd.cuda. It wouldn't necessarily
be harder than connecting such a code to run on the GPU while a standard MD
program runs on several CPUs, but we aren't there yet.

Dave