Re: [AMBER] MCPB.py how to insert the heteroatom heme in the one domain of macromolecule

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 16:22:19 -0600

Hi Rana,

It is a question outside the scope of MCPB.py. But I think you can use cpptraj to align the single domain structure (which has HEME coordinates) you already have to part of structure with eight domains and then output the single domain structure after alignment. The HEME coordinates inside the output can help you estimate the HEME group coordinates in the structure of eight domains. See the “RMSD to Reference with Different Topology” part in this tutorial: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/analysis/tutorial1/index.htm <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/analysis/tutorial1/index.htm>.

Best regards,
Pengfei