Re: [AMBER] Regarding Glucose dynamics

From: Lachele Foley <lf.list.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 09:55:38 -0500

I think the problem is the combination of parameters. That is, the issue
is: "parameter (Mulliken,Lowedin,ESP,RESP and 0GA+ROH charges) that i got
from orca".

Force fields are made to work together as a unit. They are also made to
work with a specific functional form. It is generally a bad idea to
combine parameters from different places. It can work sometimes, but
there's no guarantee.

This publication explains force fields, from a carbohydrate-centered point
of view, for a general scientific audience:

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Aashish Bhatt <aashish.ph16221.inst.ac.in>
wrote:

> Dear Sir/Ma'am
>
> I have performed glucose dynamics in vacuum using parameter
> (Mulliken,Lowedin,ESP,RESP and 0GA+ROH charges) that i got from orca and
> Gaussian dft optimization of glucose molecule. In gas phase dynamics i have
> found that the anomeric OH group is showing bonding to O(5) atom.
> I am not able to understand the reason behind this binding. I have also
> attached screenshot of glucose molecule.
>
> Regards
> Aashish Bhatt
> PhD Scholar
> INST, Mohali