[AMBER] REMD jobs slowing down unexpectedly

From: Andreas Tosstorff <andreas.tosstorff.cup.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:47:36 +0100

Hi all,

I am running a Temperature REMD job with 64 replicas. It's running on a
CPU cluster where I have to split it into several Job steps. I am
observing that some steps slow down to 50% (880 exchange attempts
instead of 2000), even though they are just a continuation of the
previous step. I turned iwrap on since I read that the expanding volume
can cause a slowdown.

I don't really know where to start to look for a the reason here. I'd
appreciate any advice.

  Here is the input file:

&cntrl

    irest=1, ntx=5,

    nstlim=1000, dt=0.002,

    ntt=3, gamma_ln=5,

    temp0=398.69,

    ig=-1,

    ntc=2, ntf=2,

    ntb=1,

    ntpr=5000, ntwx=5000, ntwr=100000,

    nmropt=1,

    numexchg=2000,

    iwrap=1,

  /

  &wt TYPE='END'

  /

DISANG=HYN_chir.dat

Best,
Andy

--
M.Sc. Andreas Tosstorff
Lehrstuhl für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie