Re: [AMBER] 1-4 scaling factors in case of GAFF-GLYCAM mixed dihedral terms ?

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 15:07:59 +0100

Thanks Lachele !

I saw the scee, scnb records in Glycam ff file, but
since such records are not present in GAFF or probably
any f the Amber ff, I was thinking that those are just comments.

It is nice that it is possible to include those parameters in frcmod and
would be appropriate to mention it in Amber manual and in the
description of frcmod format http://ambermd.org/formats.html#frcmod .

Regarding decision between the #1 and #2 I was thinking that
both are in principle possible but that it is always a good idea to use
appropriate scaling factors.

So as I understood well, in your opinion and according your experiences #2
(Glycam substitution) is a bit more suitable and this also holds probably
(to be consistent) also
for the remaining parameters like bond/angle (e.g. c3-Os, c3-Os-Cg ...)
am I right ?

    Best wishes,

       Marek