Re: [AMBER] Wrong connectivity after antechamber/Gaussian16

From: Junmei Wang <junmwang.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 09:23:26 -0400

Good point. I encountered the same problem when I optimized amino-acid-like
small molecules using Gaussian. The optimizer in the recent Gaussian
versions can migrate proton from one heavy atom to another to neutralize
the molecule. The two atoms may be separated several bonds (the longest
distance is 7 bonds)! My solution was to use PCM to do optimization and
then did a single point calculation to calculate ESP. With PCM, the charge
centers are well kept.

Best

Junmei