Re: [AMBER] Protein drift from solvent box

From: Lizelle Lubbe <LBBLIZ002.myuct.ac.za>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:58:51 +0000

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I understand what you mean though.
I did not intentionally set the cut value in min.in<http://min.in> and prod.in<http://prod.in> equal to the distance between the glycans and solvent boundary. I thought that 10A was commonly used for the non-bonded cutoff distance and to avoid the computational cost of extra waters I chose 10A instead of 12A for the barrier distance.

Could you please explain to me why this is incorrect and how it would cause shrinkage of the box?

I measured the glycan-glycan distance between neighbouring periodic images after 8ns production and during the simulation it ranges between 25-70A. Does this mean that the protein drift is just an imaging issue or can the molecules start interacting later on?

Lizelle