Re: [AMBER] making 6M GDMCl box

From: ATUL KUMAR <atul44_sit.jnu.ac.in>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:04:07 +0530

Thank you Bill,
Actually I tried using packmol but I am not sure about the way I have
contracted 6M GDMCl box.
So this is basically how I have done it.
(i) i created a box of padding distance of 15ang around my protein(lets say
the volume of box is V and it has W number of waters) then I calculated
number of GDM (lets say the number is X ) and Cl (lets say Y number of Cl)
molecules needed to make this box of 6M GDMCL concentration.
(ii) in the next step I calculated how many water molecules will be
replaced when I will add X GDM and Y Cl chlorine molecules lets say X GDM
replaces X1 number of water and Y Cl- ion replaces Y1 number of water
molecule.
(iii) in the last step i packed a box of volume V with X number of GMD, Y
number of Cl, W-X1-Y1 number of water and protein.

Is this correct or I need to do something else???

*Atul Kuamr jaiswal*
Research Scholar
School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
Centre for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (CCBB)
JNU,New Delhi
India.