Re: [AMBER] Thermodynamic integration/switch off/on cloumbic and vdw interactions

From: Daniel Mermelstein <danmermelstein35.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 10:40:02 -0700

Hi Morteza,

coulombic: you can use crgmask to zero the charges on atoms whose coulombic
potential you don't want to count.

vdw: I don't know of a simple way using TI. You might be able to substitute
in zeroes for the vdw terms you don't want to count, but I've never tried
doing that.

bonded: maybe. This depends on what you mean exactly by switching the
bonded terms off. What transformation are you trying, exactly?

Best,

Dan

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Khabiri, Morteza <khabiri.med.umich.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am currently using pmemd for ti calculation. I would like to dissect the
> vdw and coulombic interactions during transition process. I would like to
> kno, is it possible to perform an alchemical transition in Amber by
> switching on/off bonded, vdw and coulombic interactions separately?
>

> Thanks
>
> Morteza

Daniel J. Mermelstein, Ph.D candidate
McCammon & Walker Groups