Re: [AMBER] AmberTools17 and shape.h

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:53:04 -0400

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017, Christopher Benjamin Coffey wrote:

> ShapeWidg.c(27): catastrophic error: cannot open source file
> "X11/extensions/shape.h"
> #include <X11/extensions/shape.h>

First idea: add "-noX11" to the arguments to configure. Then you are set
if you don't need xleap.

If you do need xleap: we have to figure out what packages might be missing.
>From the $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/configure2 script, there are these
comments:

   On new Fedora OS's install the libXt-devel libXext-devel"
             " libX11-devel libICE-devel libSM-devel packages."
             " On old Fedora OS's install the xorg-x11-devel package."
             " On RedHat OS's install the XFree86-devel package."

Unfortunately, no one has indicated what to do for various versions of CentOS.
If it is like "Redhat", then be sure that you have installed the
XFree86-devel package.

[Developers: can someone with access to CentOS please update this web page:

   ambermd.org/amber_install.html

Please include the exact command to install all needed packages, not just
X11-related ones. Also, these package lists can get out of date quickly:
if you see any problems with the lists that are already there, please
correct them.]

...hope this helps...it *should* be just a matter of identifying the correct
packages to install for your flavor of Linux.

....dac