Re: [AMBER] I have generated an AMBER trajectory with coordinates, velocities and forces. How can I place the relevant data sets in the text file?

From: Jewgeni Starikow <starikow.tfp.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:26:42 +0200

Dear Bill,

...sure, I see the point and am in effect not a big fan of Python
(which is to my mind nothing more than just a transformation of the old
and good C++ && Java). What I am thinking about ought to be not
transforming/extending the Amber itself, but, instead,
transforming/extending the CPPTRAJ. The latter routine is already a very
useful tool, but I would greatly appreciate adding one more capability
to it. Then, there ought to be no need in producing the
coordinate-velocity-force data files for reading them anew. In effect, I
would strive for working with these data sets on the fly, so-to-speak...

I have already shared my idea with Thom Cheatham, the main author of
the CPPTRAJ, but to my regret, there had been no reaction from him -
maybe due to summer holidays??? ... The reaction from his group would be
of extreme interest for the story, for they have written the code, so
that myself I shall definitely spend months, or so, in trying to
successfully transform/extend it...

Respectfully yours,

Evgeni