Re: [AMBER] How to put the restrain on just part of the system.

From: Parviz Seifpanahi Shabane <sparviz.vt.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 18:57:17 -0400

Thank you, Dr.Case, I just need to add -ref file.cre to my run files too, I
used my coordinate file and, got this error "*cudaMemcpy
GpuBuffer::Download failed an illegal memory access was encountered *
*> *". any idea? (I used the same reference file for previous (min, heat,
and equilibrium ) steps )
Best
Parviz

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM, David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017, Parviz Seifpanahi Shabane wrote:
>
> > I need to put a restraint on just part of my proteins during the
> production
> > step. My system is the slice of Nucleosome ( the mixture of DNA and
> histone
> > protein), first I created the PDB file from my topology and coordinate
> > files by "ambpdb", from this PDB files I found the residue number which I
> > wanted to be free (residue 111 to 134). I tried different methods for
> > applying restraint (below), but none of them worked. I checked "mdout"
> file
> > the restrained energy in all of the cases is zero.
>
> Did you set ntr=1 in the cntrl namelist?
>
> The restrainmask syntax is much simpler, e.g.
>
> ntr=1, restraint_wt=10.0, restraintmask=":1-110,135-201",
>
> will restrain all residues in the range 1-201 except for 111-134. You
> don't
> need any group cards here.
>
> ...hope this helps....dac

Parviz Seifpanahi