Re: [AMBER] An equilibration of the membrane protein prepared by charmm-gui

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 23:26:46 +0200

up:

so the proposed solutions to resolve the problem of lipid
equilibration shown on the video:

- increase time of the restrained simulation to allow lipids better
pack around the protein

- change tau_t or tau_p constants.
E.g in Langevin's dynamics lower tau_t should give more stabile system
(because we increase the friction which should be = mass/ tau_t)
What's about tau_p for berendsen barostat?

P.S. Does the GPCR inserted good in the membrane? Here I did it via
Charm-gui prediction a position of receptor within the lipids from OPM
data-base.

James