Re: [AMBER] LINMIN Error while minimizing

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 16:07:09 -0400

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017, Chayya Bhargac wrote:

> > > While performing a restrained minimization with the code below, I get a
> > > LINMIN error.

You will always get LINMIN errors when using SHAKE (ntc=2). If you are just
doing minimization as a prelude to MD, then it doesn't matter much, which
is why this has never been fixed.

It's not all that hard to do minimization with SHAKE: for example, NAB
has such capability. But no one (including me!) has ever wanted to do a
Winter of Code project to port those ideas to sander or pmemd.

....dac