Re: [AMBER] cphstats Error: Could not open or parse cpin file

From: Vincent Ustach <vustach.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 20:22:28 -0700

Hi all,

I complied ambertools again by modifying the following files

./AmberTools/src/etc/calcpka.F90
./AmberTools/src/pbsa/dynph.h
./AmberTools/src/cphstats/constants.h
./AmberTools/src/cphstats/parse_cpin.F90
./AmberTools/src/gbnsr6/dynph.h
./AmberTools/src/sander/dynph.h

with the following definitions

#define MAX_TITR_RES 200
#define MAX_TITR_STATES 800
#define MAX_ATOM_CHRG 4000
#define MAX_H_COUNT 4

I simulated 4F5S, with 195 titratable residues, and 4LYT, with 18 residues.
The constant pH MD works fine, but I can not analyze these files with
cphstats. I get an error I have seen before:

vdustach$ cphstats -i 4F5S.equil.cpin 4F5S.md1.cpout -o calcpka_0.dat
--population pop_0.dat
Error: Could not open or parse 4F5S.equil.cpin for reading!

I get this error for 4F5S and 4LYT.

In the current configuration, I am still able to analyze my old files,
which were created from simulations when the default values were in place:

#define MAX_TITR_RES 50
#define MAX_TITR_STATES 200
#define MAX_ATOM_CHRG 1000
#define MAX_H_COUNT 4

as well as the first change I made

#define MAX_TITR_RES 100
#define MAX_TITR_STATES 400
#define MAX_ATOM_CHRG 2000
#define MAX_H_COUNT 4

Is there an inherent problem with this many possible titratable residues?

--Vincent Ustach
  University of California, Davis