Re: [AMBER] how to implement GEN keyword in QM/MM with external program

From: Goetz, Andreas <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:33:04 +0000

Dear Zobia,

Please make sure you are using the latest version of AmberTools. Specifying non-standard basis sets and ECPs is supported since AmberTools 16. Your template input file needs to contain a route section, a blank line, and then the basis set and ECP information. For instance, the test for a template input file in the test $AMBERHOME/test/qmmm_EXTERN/pure_QM_MD_GAUSSIAN/ contains

#P BLYP/STO-3G SCF=(Conver=8)

You can instead specify

#P BLYP/Gen SCF=(Conver=8)

H O 0