Re: [AMBER] Install in gpu AMBER14 for high performance computer

From: Saikat Pal <saikatpaliitg.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 06:57:46 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you sir for your kind response. Is it necessary before installation on gpu, cpu should be installed ?Thanks Saikat

On Friday 18 August 2017, 12:27:48 AM IST, David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017, Saikat Pal wrote:

> Dear all,which module should i load to install in gpu AMBER14 for high
> performance computer??I have attached image.Please help me out.

First, make sure that you can compile the CPU version of pmemd, following
the instructions in the manual.  You'll need compilers plus other tools,
see the instructions at amber.org/install_amber.html.

Then, for GPU, installing either the cuda7.5 or cuda8.0 toolkits is likely
to work (visit ambermd.org/gpus for more information.)  Note that you will
also need to have the proper drivers installed...that may already have been
done.

Usual course of action is to experiment: try to configure and build Amber,
and see which modules might help.  Then reconfigure using the -cuda option,
and see what happens.

...good luck....dac