Re: [AMBER] Amber TI accuracy

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 09:42:38 -0600

Hi Nick

Great question, but not really associated with Amber per-se.

David Mobley has a some nice reviews published discussing some of these
issues
(https://github.com/MobleyLab/benchmarksets/blob/master/paper/benchmarkset.pdf)

There is no 'correct' answer to your question, and you should read that
review to start with.

adrian

On 8/15/17 9:36 AM, Nikolay N. Kuzmich wrote:
> Dear Amber user and developers,
>
> I would like to ask you how accurate are the TI calculations of ddG in Amber
> for different ligands bound to a protein?
> How large is the average deviation from the experimental data?
> How big can be structural difference between the ligands (e.g. number of
> heavy atoms)
> for the precision to remain acceptable?
> Any useful links to the topic are highly appreciated too.
>
> Thank you,
> Nick

Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
University of Florida Research Foundation Professor
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida
roitberg.ufl.edu
352-392-6972