Re: [AMBER] Compilation of Amber 14

From: David A Case <dacase.chem.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 21:20:59 -0400

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017, Milo Westler wrote:

> I am trying to compile Amber 14 on Centos 6.9. When installing mpich2, yum
> replies that this package is obsoleted and will be replaced with a newer
> mpich.

Many years ago, "mpich2" was a replacement for "mpich". A few years
after that, "mpich2" was renamed "mpich", and (as yum tells you) "mpich2"
is now very obsolete.

Try using the comfigure_mpich tool in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src:
it will set up everying in the correct places for proper Amber installation.
Unless your hardware requires a special version of MPI, using configure_mpich
is (in my view) the best way to proceed, especially if you are having
problems.

....dac