Re: [AMBER] Tleap processing of membrane protein in amber-16

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 15:56:45 +0200

Thanks again, David!

As I did in Xleap a thousands years ago - to add ACE group, from the N
term, two hydrogens bound to N should be removed and the ACE carbon
atom should be added.

So to add caps in tleap I should to write some script which will
modify the atoms (e.g to remove H1 ang H2 of the first residue to C of
ACE) and the number of residues (starting from 1 ACE) in initial pdb,
right?

Does the capping is necessary assuming that tleap recognizes first
and last residues (and I hope to neutralize making its termi as COOH
and NH2) as N-res and C-res in final topology?

James