Re: [AMBER] Buying-renting GPU/CPU time for amber MD simulations

From: Kenneth Huang <kennethneltharion.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:05:10 +0000

I'd second XSEDE as a viable option if you're not interested in investing
in a new machine, and if you can wait the 2-3 weeks before your allocation
starts.

I'd just add an addendum that the 50,000 compute hours don't correspond 1:1
for using GPUs on the clusters, but vary on the systems charge rate for
GPUs.

Best,

Kenneth

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 11:53 AM Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com> wrote:

> XSEDE will give you 50,000 core hours that will start within a couple of
> weeks (possibly less)
> https://portal.xsede.org/allocations/startup
>
> If you want to pay, here's one option: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
>
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I’ve submitted a paper to PLOS One. I’ve received mostly positive
> comments
> > but I have to run 4-5 additional 100ns simulations on a small system (125
> > residues). I’m afraid my computer power is rather limited, so is the time
> > for submitting the final version of the paper.
> >
> > Is anyone aware of any possible options for “buying” computer time and
> use
> > a machine remotely?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions
> >
> > George

Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would hell have if those imprisoned
here could not dream of heaven?