Re: [AMBER] Suggestions about Center and Image for multiple-molecule complex

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:07:02 -0700

Hi Guqin,

> But I don't know for this method, how general it could be and
> how efficient it will be (considering the translation have to be done on
> all axes and iterations will be done on all mols/atoms...) I have no
> experience or idea. But I would love to follow up with updates if future
>cpptraj would have such changes.

I don't know about python speed for such tasks. Likely optimizations are
possible. E.g. that inner 'if' I mentioned shouldn't be necessary, and
maybe something could be done with centroids of molecules. And one would
only calc inter-molecular distances, not the intra's since they would be
constant.

It's just a suggestion on my part, since I'm not working in the field.

Regards,
Bill