Re: [AMBER] A good multi GPU work-station

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:47:58 +0200

Hi Ross,

Thank you so much for the detailed information!
Please find below my additional questions regarding upgrade of my HP desktop:

1- To fix the power problem, I am going to change the default 600W on
the 1000W power suply, assuming that I am going to build a 2 GTX 1080
or TITAN workstation.

2 - Is it good to use a default CPU Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.60Ghz 10MB
1600 4C. Does the 4 cpu cores in principle support 4 GPUs?

3 - Should I install an additional cooling within the desktop assuming
that there are no additional hard-drives inside.

Many thanks for the help!

With best regards,

Gleb