Re: [AMBER] RESP charge fitting error in MCPB.py V3.0

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:22:42 -0500

Hi Abdennour,

It may come from that your total charge was wrong. MCPB.py will calculate the total charge of the system by adding up the charges of all the residues in the metal site (based on the ion and non-amino acid mol2 files you provide and the amino acid mol2 files MCPB.py itself has), if this number is different from the real charge of your metal site, it will cause big error in the RESP charge fitting. I suggest you to check the charges and multiplicities you use for your small model and large model calculations as well as the charge of the metal site MCPB.py assumes.

Kind regards,
Pengfei