Re: [AMBER] Suggestions about Center and Image for multiple-molecule complex

From: Guqin Shi <shi.293.osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:15:29 -0400

Hey Dan,

So I figured out that center-image could mask residues; so I tried to
center on residues 153-155 (same results that one molecule is just couldn't
be imaged back...); then I tested with symmetric residues
(153-155,818-820), now each monomer could be imaged successfully; however,
the two dimers are split as one is at the top edge of box and the other is
at the bottom edge of box......According to the original prmtop files, the
complex sits at the center of water box, but also meantime, it sits along
the diagonal line...It seems center-image puts molecule along any of the
side line and that's why it just couldn't fit all back...? But I am so
confused now as why early trajectories could be imaged without any
problem...

Thanks,
Guqin

--
Guqin SHI
PhD Candidate in Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy