[AMBER] MPI error when trying to run heating

From: Daniela Rivas <dani.rivas.r.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 20:34:27 +1000

Hi all,

I'm a new amber user and I'm having problems running heating after
minimization. I didn't have any issues when running the minimization with
MPI, but I'm having problems when trying to continue with heating.

My input file is:

Membrane-Protein Heating Step 1
&cntrl
 imin = 0, ! No Minimization
 ntx = 1, ! Positions read with no initial velocities
 irest = 0, ! No Restart
 scee = 1.2, ! Scaling factor for 1-4 elesctrostatic interactions
 cut = 12, ! Cut-off for vdW and electrostatic interactions
 ntc = 2, ! SHAKE on for bond with hydrogen
 tol = 0.0005, ! SHAKE tolerance
 ntf = 2, ! No force evaluation for bonds with hydrogen
 ntt = 3, ! Langevin thermostat
 gamma_ln = 5, ! Damping coefficient for Langevin dynamics
 ig = -1, ! Random seed for Langevin thermostat
 ntp = 0, ! No pressure scaling
 ntb = 1, ! Constant volume
 ntr = 1, ! Restrain atoms using a harmonic potential
 nmropt = 1, ! NMR restraints will be read
 nstlim = 5000, ! Number of MD steps
 dt = 0.002, ! Timestep in ps
 ntpr = 100, ! Print to mdout every ntpr steps
 ntwx = 100, ! Write to trajectory file every ntwx steps
 ntwr = 1000, ! Write a restart file every ntwr steps
 ioutfm = 1, ! Write a binary trajectory
 ntxo = 2, ! Write binary restart files
/
&wt
 type = 'TEMP0', ! Varies the target temperature TEMP0
 istep1 = 0, ! Initial step
 istep2 = 5000, ! Final step
 value1 = 0, ! Initial temp0 in K
 value2 = 100 ! Final temp0 in K
/
&wt
 type = 'END'
/
Hold lipid fixed
30 ! Force constant
RES 456 1592 ! Lipid residues
END
Protein Backbone C
30 ! Force constant
FIND
C * * *
SEARCH
RES 1 453
END
Protein Backbone N
30 ! Force constant
FIND
N * * *
SEARCH
RES 1 453
END
Protein Backbone CA
30 ! Force constant
FIND
CA * * *
SEARCH
RES 1 453
END
Protein Backbone O
30 ! Force constant
FIND
O * * *
SEARCH
RES 1 453
END
Glucose
30
RES 454 455
END
END

My PBS file is:

#!/bin/bash

#PBS -q normalbw
#PBS -P r16
#PBS -l ncpus=56
#PBS -l walltime=02:00:00
#PBS -l mem=8GB
#PBS -l software=amber
#PBS -l other=mpi
#PBS -l wd

module load openmpi/1.6.3
module load amber/16-16.05

mpirun -np $PBS_NCPUS $AMBERHOME/bin/pmemd.MPI -O -i Heat_01.in -o
Heat_01.out -p GLUT3_InOpen.prmtop -c Min.rst -r Heat_01.rst -ref Min.rst
-x Heat_01.mdcrd

And the error I get is:

Primary job terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status,
thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[56289,1],0]
  Exit code: 19

I have been all day trying to figure out what is wrong but I can't find the
error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Daniela.