[AMBER] Parametrization of a phosphorylated small molecule

From: Andreas Tosstorff <andreas.tosstorff.cup.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:31:54 +0200

Dear Amber Users,

I want to run a simulation with a Phosphorylated small molecule. The
compound contains two monoanionic methyl phosphate groups. I came across
the paper by Steinbrecher on Parameters for small organic compounds and
wonder if it makes sense to adapt the parameters accordingly.

So here's what I thought of doing:

Generate Gaussian input with antechamber:

/> antechamber -i L02.mol2 -fi mol2 -o L02.com -fo gcrt -gv 1 -ge L02.gesp/

run Gaussian16 with L02.com as input

/> antechamber -i L02.gesp -fi gesp -o L02_resp.mol2 -fo mol2 -c resp -eq

/In L02_resp.mol2 Change the atom type of the anionic oxygen to OP

Write an frcmod file with the optimal radius for OP as stated in the
paper: 1.7493
Or alternatively: load the frcmod.phosaa10

I am a bit unsure about the last step. Because as far as I know, either
way the parameters for interactions between gaff2 atom types and OP will
be missing.

How should I proceed and does it make sense to adapt the parameters in
the first place? Or are they possibly included in gaff2?

I would very much appreciate your advice!

Kind regards,

Andreas

--
M.Sc. Andreas Tosstorff
Lehrstuhl für Pharmazeutische Technologie und Biopharmazie