Re: [AMBER] antechamber

From: Andrew Schaub <aschaub.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 03:55:52 +0000

Follow the MCPB Heme tutorial:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy_heme.htm

It walks you through paramterizing your heme and iron. Metals complicate
things. Heme is complicated further by the high and low spin states, the
multiple intermediates and the multiple oxidation states of the iron. so
extra care has to be taken to set these systems up. You need to know what
oxidation state your iron is in that you want to simulate: II, III, IV. You
need to know its soin, its net charge, and oxidation state.

What intermediate state are you looking at?

Andrew