[AMBER] using mmgbsa for dna/protein

From: Baker, Joseph <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 23:18:11 -0400

Hi all,

We're trying to do some tests to compare mm-pbsa and mm-gbsa calculations
for a protein/DNA complex. We've now got our mm-pbsa calculations mostly
working. For the mm-gbsa calculation, in our &gb section of the mmgbsa.in
script to MMPBSA.py we are trying igb=5 and igb=8 (both with mbondi2 for
the radius set, though we've also tried mbondi3 for the igb=8 case). In the
igb=5 case we are getting a negative dG, while using igb=8 with either
mbondi2 or mbondi3 we are getting very positive dG values. I've seen some
previous discussions here about folks having some difficulty with mm-gbsa
for protein/nucleic complexes, but it seemed that those were prior to the
optimized nucleic gb parameters of igb=8. Can anyone provide any input on
whether mm-gbsa is a reasonable approach for relative dG's with either of
these GB models? Thanks for your input.

Kind regards,
Joe