[AMBER] Parabolic restraint with nmropt

From: Ramin Salimi <ramin.salimi01.utrgv.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:07:50 +0000

Dear all

I am not sure if I have implemented parabolic restraints correctly. If I want to extend a distance by 2 A0(for example, from 10 A0 to 12 A0) by the application of parabolic restraints, How do I implement that using nmropt?

Is the following correct to apply the parabolic restraints to extend it from 10A0 to 12 A0:

 &rst
        iat=A,B,
        r1=0,
        r2=10.0,
        r3=12.0
        r4=9999,
        rk2=100.0,
        rk3=100.0,
 /

Then, I don't understand why in the manual it says R(the value of the restraint) can be equal to either r1 or r3? I thought that, for parabolic restraints, we normally set r1=0, r4=999(9), then r2 would be the current length(or distance between the two masks), and r3 would be the target length(or target distance between the two masks)??

I would appreciate if you also tell me what the value of R or the value of the restraint would be based on the numbers in the example above?

Thanks for your input

Ramin