Re: [AMBER] convert psf to top of gmx with parmed

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 15:18:37 -0400

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Qinghua Liao <scorpio.liao.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used parmed to convert a psf file to a gromacs top file successfully,
> but most of the parameters (LJ, bonded)
> are missing in the top file. How could I use parmed to include the
> parameters for the top file, taking the parameters
> from the force field library file? Thanks a lot!

​You need to load the parameters from the CHARMM RTF and PRM files first.
So do something like this:

import parmed as pmd

psf = pmd.load_file('your-file.psf')
psf.load_parameters(pmd.charmm.CharmmParameterSet('topology.rtf',
'parameters.prm', ...))
psf.save('gromacs.top')

And that should do it. Obviously you need to change the arguments to
load_file and CharmmParameterSet to reflect your files.

HTH,