[AMBER] correlated dihedrals in ff parameterization

From: Bala subramanian <bala.biophysics.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:42:58 +0200

Dear Amber users,

I am doing ff parameterization for a molecule (a amino acid mimic), where
QM optimized energies of a dihedral scan vary depending on torsions of
another dihedral, which facilitates intramolecular hbond.

I assume that in ff parameteriztion each dihedral is considered independent
of others while deriving the torsional term. I would like to know any
caution/suggestion from field experts how correlated dihedrals can/should
be treated to obtain the torsional terms.

I apologize if this query is more general and not specifically about any
Amber code.

Thanks,

Bala