Re: [AMBER] Selecting histidine Protonation state for simulation

From: Dean Cuebas <deancuebas.missouristate.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:30:36 -0500

Molprobity is a good online server for protonation and flipping of his and flipping of asn and gln, and you can, using their kinemages, visualize the results.

The best one that I have encountered is ProToss. http://www.zbh.uni-hamburg.de/forschung/amd/software/protoss.html,
which takes into account ligands (and their tautomers) AND waters of crystallization to maximize hydrogen bonding, and it’s very fast, just a few seconds.
Of course, no “automatic” way is always perfect, especially when there are six different ways to protonate/orient each histidine!

Good luck,

Dean
--
Dean Cuebas