Re: [AMBER] mdgx extracting energies

From: Charles-Alexandre Mattelaer <camattelaer01.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:56:14 +0200

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. I'm trying to understand as much as
possible what is happening and why. Indeed, after checking the trajectory
file, the first outputted pdb during generation of conformations is NOT the
first frame in the trajectory. It is exactly the same entry as the
respective energy in the energy file.

My alarm was actually raised because I was using MMPBSA for 'stability
calculations' to check (normalized) energies if they would match the QM
energies. The patterns were completely different but this was due to the
fact I called MMPBSA on each pdb in the order they were outputted and
plotted this vs the QM energies - which ofcourse didn't correspond at all.
If I ordered the QM energies accordingly (using sed) the energy profiles
did correspond between QM and MMPBSA, but as I stated earlier: I was under
the impression that the trajectory just held every conformation in the
exact same order as it was initially outputted. Maybe I should have checked
this to begin with...

Thanks again for all your help and explanations

Charles-Alexandre Mattelaer