Re: [AMBER] Center of mass

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 12:33:16 -0400

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Saikat Pal <saikatpaliitg.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,Thank you for your kind response.I am using this command to calculate RDF:
>
> radial rdf-1 0.1 35.0 :17-29 :1 center1 center2

Remove the 'center1' keyword; that is calculating an RDF from the
center of of mass of all your ions which is almost certainly not what
you want. You should also add the 'volume' keyword; otherwise you will
be normalizing to bulk water density which is also probably not what
you want.

-Dan

> where should I use vector command ??

You don't need 'vector' unless you want the actual center of mass coordinates.

> I am using Amber12 ptraj

The 'center2' keyword is for cpptraj-only. I recommend upgrading to
AmberTools 17 and using cpptraj.

-Dan