Re: [AMBER] Error during the installion

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 09:34:02 -0400

On Thu, Jun 01, 2017, Jeyaram R A wrote:

> I try to install amber16 in my computer,
> during the "make installation" step i got
> an fatal error X11/extensions/shape.h: No
> such file or directory how do i resolve this
> problem? here i attach the screenshot of the
> error message.

What to do depends on what operating system you are using. Check out the
"simple" instructions here:

    http://ambermd.org/amber_install.html

   You might be missing a package like "xorg-dev" on Linux, or like XQuartz
on Mac.

If you don't need the xleap or xparmed programs (most users can get by
without these) you can add "-noX11" to the configure options, as a
workaround.

....regards...dac