Re: [AMBER] Restraint in Steered MD/Jarzynski method

From: Ramin Salimi <ramin.salimi01.utrgv.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 18:41:18 +0000

Hi Hannes

Thanks so very much for the reply because I really need clarification.

Regarding the first question, I am confused between either one of these two:

1- minimize, heat up, equilibration. Then pick 'n' frames from the equilibration trajectory, and do SMD on each

OR

2- minimize, heat up, equilibration. Then do the production MD with the RC restrained to the initial value. After that, pick 'n' frames from the trajectory of the production MD, and do the SMD on each.

I also have the two following questions:

How can we get the entropy (difference) through this method?
How to check the standard deviation to see if it is more than a few KBT or not?

I already apologize if these sound basic. I really need guidance.

Kind Regards

Ramin