Re: [AMBER] tleap input file that fails following upgrade to AmberTools17

From: Nhai <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 18:58:05 -0400

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 6:49 PM, Adams, John E. <AdamsJE.missouri.edu> wrote:
>
> AND installing the binary distribution DOES produce correct tleap
> behavior.

Great. This is why we are trying hard to distribute binary AT too.

> I’m curious why compilation of the source code failed for
> tleap, though.

My guess: I look at config.h

 -L/opt/local/lib/gcc49/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin16/4.9.4/../../../ -lgfortran

So basically gfortran in GNU compiler distro here is used. (How do you install it?). Clang and GNU is not compatible.

We suggest user to use clang because macos natively support it, and the gfortran version suggested in amber website is compatible with clang.

You can try

otool -L bin/teLeap

for your and our binary AT too see how tleap is linked.

More guess: did you compile at16 with GNU compiler? (-gnu).

Hai