[AMBER] Trouble with simple MD simulation of short peptide and Cu2+ ion

From: Eugene Cha <eugenekhcha.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:34:27 +0900

I'm trying to simulate the binding site of a short 6 amino acid long
peptide and a Cu2+ ion

I'm not entirely sure if my process is right

but basically I

1. Used Gaussian09 and Gauss View to build the molecule
2. Saved as mol2,
3. Opened the mol2 file with Spartan to be able to save it as a pdb file
4. Modified the PDB file by hand, labelling atom names and residues,
deleting hydrogen atoms
5. Open xleap
source leaprc.protein.ff14SB
loadoff atomic_ions.lib
loadamberparams frcmod.ions234lm_1264_spce

then load the pdb file

assign a 2+ charge to the Cu atom

add a bond between a single oxygen atom in the third residue and the Cu atom

and then tried to saveamberparm.

I get this from leap.log

Checking Unit.
WARNING: The unperturbed charge of the unit: 2.000000 is not zero.

 -- ignoring the warning.

Building topology.
Building atom parameters.
Building bond parameters.
Could not find bond parameter for: O - Cu2+
Building angle parameters.
Could not find angle parameter: C - O - Cu2+
Building proper torsion parameters.
Building improper torsion parameters.
 total 27 improper torsions applied
Building H-Bond parameters.
Incorporating Non-Bonded adjustments.
Parameter file was not saved.

Why does it not save?

I tried using antechamber to generate a pdb file from the mol2 file, but
the resulting pdb file doesn't have any charges, and saveamberparm dosent
work because the atoms don't have any types

WARNING: There is a bond of 4.339844 angstroms between:
------- .R<MOL 114>.A<Cu1 1> and .R<MOL 114>.A<O28 28>
FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 114>.A<C2 2> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 114>.A<O3 3> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 114>.A<C4 4> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 114>.A<H5 5> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 114>.A<N6 6> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<MOL 114>.A<H7 7> does not have a type.

Do I have to manually assign types to the pdb file?

I also tried loading the mol2 file directly and that fails as well

Any help I could get would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Eugene