Re: [AMBER] weird asymmetries in solvent box

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 07:43:39 -0400

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017, Thomas Charles Pochapsky wrote:

> I am running a constant pressure equilibration of a solvated protein in
> Sander, the run truncated with the following message:
> /In this slab, Atoms found: 6578 Allocated: 5629//
> //
> //***** Processor 18//
> //***** System must be very inhomogeneous.//
> //***** Readjusting recip sizes.//

Run your initial pressure simulation in serial mode, or with a small number
of threads for sander. (Or, use pmemd if you have that available.) Once
you obtain a good density, you can switch back to using a larger number of
threads.

> cut=16,

This is almost certainly a big waste of effort for equilibration. Consider
using the default value of 8.

There might be something else going on, but try these suggestions first.

....dac