Re: [AMBER] How to calculate the solvation free energy using Amber?

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 01:52:51 -0700

I would not use NO as a type name - it will likely collide with an
existing type in use. DU (for dummy) is a traditional name for this sort
of purpose. Hopefully someone will answer the perturb-to-nothing
question in more detail, but experimentation is cheap in the meantime.

Here is some early ion perturbation work that might be of interest.

     Ion-Induced Stabilization of the G-DNA Quadruplex: Free Energy
     Perturbation Studies. W.S. Ross and C.C. Hardin
     Journal of the American Chemical Society 116, 6070 (1994).

Bill