Re: [AMBER] Incorrect ligand parameterization using GAFF

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 21:40:41 -0400

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017, Emilia Pecora-de-barros wrote:

> I'm trying to do ligand parameterization of a ligand of interest. I've
> done geometry optimization and RESP charge derivation using Gaussian
> 6-31G*, and parameters were derived using GAFF. However in the
> simulations this ligand is more flexible than expected, and even
> displays rotation of a double bond (between C1 and C2), going from a
> trans to cis conformation. The mol2 file generated is below.

Can you post the entire mol2 file, so that it can be easily visualized?
Antechamber is indeed assigning a single-bond to C1-C2 (atom types ce
and cc). There are certainly cases where the effective bond orders in
conjugated systems are not correct, and you may want/need to manually
modify either the atom types or the dihedrals involved.

....dac