[AMBER] solvateBox for large size of RNA

From: Li, Wen <wl2290.cumc.columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:03:15 +0000

Hi Everyone,

My RNA molecule has three dimensions of 200, 160, 180 Angstroms, I did the steps as shown below. From the final pdb with waters, the water box contains only a portion of the molecule, and a long pole consisting of only H atoms. Due to the email size limitation, I can't attach an image to show the pdb. When the size of an RNA molecule is reduced to somewhere around 100 Angstroms, I did not find such problems

/usr/local/amber16/bin/tleap
source /usr/local/amber16/dat/leap/cmd/oldff/leaprc.ff14SB
loadamberparams /usr/local/amber16/dat/leap/parm/frcmod.ions234lm_1264_tip3p
x=loadpdb mol.pdb
addions x Na+ 0
solvateBox x TIP3PBOX 10.0 (or solvateoct x TIP3PBOX 10.0))
savepdb x x.pdb

Could anyone kindly tell me what is the problem. Does solvateBox work for limited size of an RNA?
Thank you!
Wen