[AMBER] AMBER umbrella sampling

From: ÎâÃÈ <wumeng.shanghaitech.edu.cn>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:27:20 +0000

Dear All,

 I am trying to use the AMBER umbrella sampling method to get the free energy of transfer profile for a substrate molecule through a channel protein. And I have referred https://github.com/callumjd/AMBER-Umbrella_COM_restraint_tutorial , but several problems have trapped me due to my system is different. 1) If I put one substrate molecule close to the protein channel entrance, how can I define its location, I mean such as Z=0(need it to get r2=? in the pull.RST); 2) Also the distance restraint file, I use igr1=substrate atom number, how should I difine igr2=? use residue near the protein channel exit? If yes, use one or several?

 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Wu Meng