Re: [AMBER] Acetonitrile Water Mix

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:00:55 -0400

You will not have an extra time with this if you want your simulation to go
a long time. For starters you can use the AddToBox utility in amber/bin
(run with no arguments to see the list of things you can do). That will
help you randomly mix acetonitrile and water initially (make sure to
minimize before starting dynamics).

But if you simulate just a few hundred acetonitriles and a thousand waters
(or whatever the ratio needs to be), then check after 50ns or so, and find
that they separate (which appears likely) you have as DAC said an imbalance
in your FF and a parameter development problem.

Once you get your solvents to stay mixed, round II: protein in solvent
mixture. You could very well find that the protein gets coated in
acetonitrile and that the acetonitrile gets leached out of solution in the
process. To determine whether THAT is realistic or not you will need the
right kind of experimental data.

Dave