Re: [AMBER] what hardware is required for gou peer-ro-peer an how imporant is gpu-to-gpu nvlink

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 20:27:43 -0600

Dear Jason:

thank you for this awesome information! I did take a look at that benchmark
page first, but it doesn't contain the word "nvlink" at all.... is there a
synonym for nvlink or something? Sorry if this is obvious, but I've had
very little experience with nvlink, only on a dgx which has faster GPUs
than any other nodes I have access to so I am not sure if its the GPUs or
the nvlink or something else (besides shared PCIe bus, which you explained
very nicely) in the dgx that is helping the scaling.

Thank you again,
Chris.