[AMBER] what hardware is required for gou peer-ro-peer an how imporant is gpu-to-gpu nvlink

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 18:38:22 -0600

Dear Users:

I have some questions about hardware for a cpu/gpu purchase and I would
appreciate some insight. Basically, I don't really understand the ins and
outs of peer-to-peer GPU communication and I need some help.

1. What hardware specifications are required to enable peer-to-peer GPU
communication for pmemd?

2. Given 2 or 4 Pascal P100's or GTX-1080's how much is gpu-to-gpu nvlink
(without possible gpu-to-cpu nvlink) going to affect performance of
multi-gpu runs? -- Note that I realize P100's are excessivly expensive per
flop compared to GTX-1080's.

Thank you very much for your help.
Chris.