Re: [AMBER] Force/Energy vs extension curve from Steered MD

From: Ramin Salimi <ramin.salimi01.utrgv.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:13:07 +0000

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply

The following is the paper whose result I am trying to reproduce:

Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Duplex Stretching Reveal the Importance of Entropy in Determining the Biomechanical Properties of DNA
Sarah A. Harris,* Zara A. Sands, and Charles A. Laughton

First question is a general question: I am not justified quite well what the difference is between using jar option, using nmropt, and using ncsu in pulling the molecule? I mean is there any major difference among the output files of these after pulling?

second question is on the aforementioned paper. When we pull the molecule, then like force vs extension, we want to plot INTERNAL ENERGY vs extension, but we cannot calculate the internal energy of the DNA with solvated trajectories because it is dominated by the solvent contribution from individual water molecules. How do we plot INTERNAL ENERGY vs extension?

Thanks

Ramin